Thursday, January 27, 2011

The First Pictures



Here are some of the first pictures taken from Castiglion Fiorentino (the town I'm staying in). The panoramic picture above was taken from the highest point in town. The old Etruscan watchtower on the right, and below, pre-dates the Roman Empire. So it's old. Really old. I forgot my camera when we went here so this was taken with my phone. Actually these were all taken with my phone.



The next three pictures were taken in a small park about halfway to the top of the "hill." The pictures are of the Val di Chio Valley where Castiglion Fiorention, Cortona, and few other Tuscan towns reside



.
The last picture is taken on the other side of the hill (where the Santa Chiara study center is). The church on the right is San Giuliano. The study center is out frame, to the right, directly across the piazza from the San Giuliano.


That's all for now. More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment