Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Acclamation

It's hard to describe the trip here. Put simply, it was a little less than miserable. The food was terrible. It tasted like the plastic in which it was cooked. Salt and pepper made it bearable. The movies were decent. But those only last so long on a 9 hour flight. Sleeping was next to impossible. Not because I wasn't tired, I was plenty, but rather the overall comfort of the airplane was somewhat lacking. Sorry United, but you should fill up the jet with those fancy beds in first class.
We eventually got to the airport in Rome and found the baggage claim, no problem. My bag came around the carousel, so it definitely didn't get lost which was one of my biggest fears about the trip.Once I had my bag in hand I touched something that felt like oil and assumed it was something the baggage handlers had done. Come to find out both of my shampoos had ruptured. Luckily, the blast was contained within a side pocket. The only downside was that now my bag smells of hair care product.
After the "shampoo situation" we boarded a charter bus to round out the trip to Castiglion Fiorentino. It was nice because the bus was spacious and I was actually able to sleep decently.
After about an hour on the road we stopped at a "truck stop." This thing puts some American restaurants to shame. I got a sandwich. It sounds lame but it was good. Not sure what was on it though.
Once we arrived at Santa Chiara (the study center in Castiglion Fiorentino) we checked into our very nice but very cold room. Pictures will follow eventually, once I figure out how to get them off my phone.
The RC girls in charge then took us on a tour of the town, showing us the best places to get coffee, food, and drinks. Stories to follow soon.

1 comment:

  1. Dang living the high life. Sounds like the trip to Wilkes-Barre, PA. Hopefully the people there are more attractive than the ones here.
    -derek-

    ReplyDelete